Graduate WordPress Developer
- Job Number: C1013
- Employer: Odyssey
- Internship: 6 Months
- Salary: £18,000 p/a plus bonuses
- 37 hours per week.
Applications close – 6th November 2019 at midnight.
Odyssey is a web agency, with the purpose to help other businesses grow their online presence through websites and automation & integration software. Odyssey is a small team with big ambitions. Currently a team of 3 looking for our 4th to add another dimension to the company.
We are seeking a WordPress Developer responsible for both back-end and front-end development, including creating WordPress pages.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Designing and implementing new features and functionality
- Establishing and guiding the website’s architecture
- Ensuring high-performance and availability, and managing all technical aspects of the CMS
- Helping formulate an effective, responsive design and turning it into a working theme and plugin
- Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications
- Experience designing and developing adaptive and responsive design websites
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector etc
- Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages
- Ability to work well within a small but ambitious and dynamic team
- A curiosity and passion for the software development and interest in industry trends
- Some understanding of PHP back-end development
- An understanding of the entire web development process, including design, development, and deployment is preferred