- Graduate Security operations Analyst
- Employer – Wolfberry Cyber Security
- Location Tramshed Tech, Cardiff
- Hours – 09:00-17:30 with 30 mins lunch
- Salary £18,000
- Initially 6 month internship with the possibility of a permanent role.
Applications close: 9th August but may close early if number of applications received are high.
Within the position of Tier 1 SOC Analyst at Wolfberry your main role will be to protect multiple organisations by employing a range of technologies and processes to prevent, detect and manage multiple cyber threats
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Monitor the internal SIEM systems for both Wolfberry and its customers.
- Respond to system generated alerts, analyse logs and traffic patterns
- Maintain and improve SIEM correlation rules and Endpoint Protection detections.
- Escalate severe incidents to the SOC management team and support the incident management process.
- Provide analysis and trending of security log data and network traffic from a large number of monitoring points.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the SOC team.
- Be part of any additional projects that need to be undertaken by the business and support senior members of the SOC with Dark Web Monitoring, Threat Intelligence and Phishing simulations as required.
Qualifications, Experience and Development Plan:
Educated to degree level – BSc Honours
Desired degree but not essential – computer science, cyber security, web development
- Knowledge of IT systems, networking and the security threat landscape.
- Knowledge of malware capabilities, attack vectors and impact.
- Knowledge defensive cyber methodologies and frameworks.
- Endpoint Protection applications experience (Antivirus, Web Filtering, Advanced Threat Protection, Encryption, etc.)
- Knowledge of Windows technologies (Active Directory, Group Policy, Powershell, etc.)
- Knowledge of Linux OS and command line executions.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to multitask effectively.
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills.
- To have achieved, or to be working towards, the following certifications;
- CompTIA A+, CompTIA Linux+, CompTIA Security+
- Knowledge of IT systems , networking and the security threat landscape
- Conduct all work in a positive , responsible manner and in accordance with the Company’s Code of Conduct and HR Policies.
- Take full responsibility for the designated role and commit to achieving personal, departmental and Company goals.
- Undertake all work in an organisational manner and manage associated administrative tasks accurately and effectively
- Ensure productivity levels are maintained to company standards
- Take responsibility for , and work towards, own professional development.
- Contribute to , encourage and support a high performance working culture.
- Understand, engage with, support and demonstrate the Company vision, value and aims
- Positively and professionally represent the company at all times
- Demonstrate the highest levels of customer care & service in all situations, with a polite and friendly manner.
- Ensure effective levels of communication, using tact , discretion & diplomacy as required.
- Effectively support & contribute to, the overall effectiveness of the Wolfberry team
- Demonstrate the drive and commitment to being a Positive Employee
- Attend training and Company meetings as and when required.
- Undertake any additional reasonable duties as required, including but not limited to, assisting with front of house.
Health & Safety
- Conduct all work in accordance with the Company’s Health & Safety policy and raise any concerns immediately with management.
- Adopt and maintain a clean, tidy and hazard free personal working environment.