- Graduate Penetration Tester
- Employer – Wolfberry Cyber Security
- Location Tramshed Tech, Cardiff
- Hours – 09:00-17:30 with 30 mins lunch
- Salary £18,000
- Initially 6 month internship with the possibility of a permanent role.
Applications close: 9th August but may close early if number of applications received are high.
Within the position of Tier 1 Penetration Tester at Wolfberry your main role will be to help organisations identify their cyber security weaknesses using a range of technologies, techniques and methodologies.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Perform formal and comprehensive application and infrastructure penetration testing engagements.
- Follow the Wolfberry methodology for all penetration tests.
- Provide well-written and concise technical and non-technical reports, prepared to the highest standards of written English.
- Perform vulnerability assessments and provide findings with remediation actions.
- Manage and deliver penetration testing engagements within strict deadlines.
- Travel to client sites as required.
- Research application and infrastructure components within the wider team to identify new vulnerabilities.
- Operate responsibly and professionally by abiding by all non-disclosure agreements for internal and external engagements.
- Take part in a variety of other information security projects as and when required.
Qualifications, Experience and Development Plan:
Educated to degree level – BSc Honours
Desired degree but not essential – computer science, cyber security, web development
- A good understanding of networking and system architecture and principles.
- Awareness of multiple governance frameworks and methodologies.
- A good understanding of OWASP, PTES and other penetration testing methodologies.
- Ability to program or script in your preferred language.
- Strong analytical skills
- Superb spoken and written English skills for compiling high-quality results and liaising with clients.
- To have achieved, or to be working towards a mixture or all of, the following certifications;
- Conduct all work in a positive , responsible manner and in accordance with the Company’s Code of Conduct and HR Policies.
- Take full responsibility for the designated role and commit to achieving personal, departmental and Company goals.
- Undertake all work in an organisational manner and manage associated administrative tasks accurately and effectively
- Ensure productivity levels are maintained to company standards
- Take responsibility for , and work towards, own professional development.
- Contribute to , encourage and support a high performance working culture.
- Understand, engage with, support and demonstrate the Company vision, value and aims
- Positively and professionally represent the company at all times
- Demonstrate the highest levels of customer care & service in all situations, with a polite and friendly manner.
- Ensure effective levels of communication, using tact , discretion & diplomacy as required.
- Effectively support & contribute to, the overall effectiveness of the Wolfberry team
- Demonstrate the drive and commitment to being a Positive Employee
- Attend training and Company meetings as and when required.
- Undertake any additional reasonable duties as required, including but not limited to, assisting with front of house.
Health & Safety
- Conduct all work in accordance with the Company’s Health & Safety policy and raise any concerns immediately with management.
- Adopt and maintain a clean, tidy and hazard free personal working environment.