- Job Number: C1032
- Employer: Invacare Ltd
- Internship: 6 Months
- Salary: £18,000 – £21,000
- 37.5 hours per week.
Applications close – 6th November 2019 at midnight.
About the Company
Invacare is a leading disability manufacturer who has helped people with reduced function, mobility and disability live as full as life as possible since 1885. Today, Invacare has a comprehensive product range of mobility, home-care, long-term care and acute equipment.Invacare’s UK operations were founded in 1885 and the company now employs 255 people. Based in South Wales, the company is ideally placed to provide the UK healthcare market with a range of products and services that meet the demands of both the public and private sectors.
Invacare UK is part of the Invacare Corporation (NYSE: IVC), headquartered in Elyria, Ohio, and is the global leader in the manufacture and distribution of innovative home and long-term care medical products that promote recovery and active lifestyles. Invacare employs approximately 6,000 associates and markets its products in 80 countries around the world. The Company is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol IVC.
About the Role
Our HR Graduate role will provide you with an opportunity to understand the business, build strong working relationships, participation in continuous improvement projects helping you gain the necessary experience to ensure that you have a successful and fulfilling career within a HR department.
As a HR Graduate, you will work as part of a dedicated, driven and supportive team, as your skills and knowledge develop over time, you will get involved in all aspects of HR within the business and your responsibility will increase.
As part of the HR team you will gain a wide range of HR and business experience and skills through continuous on the job development with coaching and mentoring.
The successful candidate will be based within the HR department at our site in Pencoed, Bridgend and will be responsible for / expected to:
- Familiarise yourself with the organisational structure, particularly within the site where you are based;
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with the site’s HR team;
- Participate fully and enthusiastically in the graduate induction programme, which involves rotating through the business gaining a broad knowledge of how each area operates, how HR engages with each department and how they interact with each other and receive full exposure to develop your knowledge in all aspects of the business;
- Participate fully to gain a robust understanding in all aspects of HR to include, involvement in ongoing projects including training and development, employee engagement, development of our HRIS, all aspects of HR record keeping and administration;
- Liaise, support and engage the workforce on all HR related matters, ranging from general queries, to formal disciplinary investigations;
- Assisting with the delivery of the Company Induction Programmed for new employees;
- Supporting the ongoing review of HR Policies and Procedures in line with current legislation and good practice;
- Bring ideas and adding value to the wider HR team;
- Working with continuous improvement mindset across all tasks;
- Operating in line with our Environmental and Health & Safety standards, processes and policies;
- Acting as an ambassador for the HR team at all times behaving in a professional and courteous manner with both internal and external customers.
- A degree or equivalent;
- Demonstrate integrity, credibility and confidentiality;
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Excellent time management and planning/organisation skills;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Understanding of team dynamics, demonstrating the ability to work as an active and constructive member of a team with a professional enthusiastic attitude.
- A degree in HR or Business-related subject;
- Previous HR experience and a desire to pursue a career in this field would be an advantage.