- Hotel Operations Graduate
- Employer: Llechwen Hall Hotel
- Hours: 40 Hours Per Week
- Salary £21,000 – £23,000 (depending on experience)
- Employment status: Permanent
Deadline 19 August but may close early if application numbers are high.
Direct Reports To the Hotel Operations Manager
Summary of Job Purpose
To assist the Hotel Operations Manager with overseeing the day-to-day running of the Hotel. This includes events and function, restaurant, front of house and housekeeping. They will be responsible for ensuring a positive experience for guests and customers.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Work under the supervision of the Hotel Operations Manager to acquire the following responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Leadership, management, communication and organisational skills.
- Developing and implementing strategies that will ensure a positive experience that exceeds guest’s expectations
- Work collaboratively with all departments to make sure operations are running smoothly in tandem with one another
- Anticipate all guest needs and respond promptly & accordingly
- Establish and maintain standards for staff performance and customer service
- Maintaining full knowledge of all inner working of the hotel, including room rates, hotel policies, specials, availabilities, VIP guests, hotel events and more.
- Ensure that each department is staffing the hotel appropriately
- To participate in regular meetings to ensure that all departments are in working order and maintain the standards of the hotel.
- Adhere to food, health and safety standards.
- To assist the Hotel Operations Manager plan, hire, train, oversee and manage the members of staff.
- Oversee and supervise the welcoming of customers.
- Always strive towards an exceptional customer experience.
- This role may be required to carry out any tasks and duties which may be required by the management from time to time.
Key Requirements for the Role
- Degree level or higher in relevant subject
- Customer oriented approach.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
- Team player.
- Good organisational and time-management skills.
- Previous experience in managing a hotel or similar role.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- The ability to work on more than one task at a time.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to manage difficult or emotional customers, respond quickly to their needs and meet commitments.
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to deal with the unexpected.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent administration skills, working to a high level of detail, spelling and grammar.
- Computer skills including word, excel, outlook and Hotel computer systems.
- The ability to work as part of a team and also on your own initiative.
- Enthusiasm, motivation and an outgoing, approachable personality.
- A confident and determined manner.
- Ability to follow instruction, respond to direction and take responsibility for own actions.
- Commercially focused and have the ability to identify and nurture new business.
- Flexible with working hours.
- Be smartly presented at all times and have the ability to act with professionalism at all times.
This Job Description is intended as a guide to the main responsibilities of the post and not as an exhaustive list of duties and tasks. The post holder may be required to undertake other duties appropriate to his/her role, which are not listed above, at the direction of his/her Manager. The job description may be amended from time to time after consultation with the post holder.