Graduate Technology Engineer
- Job Number: C1027
- Employer: Costain
- Internship: 6 Months
- Salary: £22,000
- 37.5 hours per week.
Applications close –25th October 2019 2019 at midnight.
Assessment centre 30th October and interviews week commencing 4th November
Costain helps to improve people’s lives with integrated, leading-edge, smart infrastructure solutions across the UK’s energy, water, and transportation and defence markets. We help our clients improve their business performance by increasing capacity, improving customer service, safeguarding security, enhancing resilience, decarbonising and delivering increased efficiency.
Part of this role will be spent at our new Technology Centre in Worle, North Somerset which is home to some 150 staff who provide services to clients including solutions engineering, product development manufacturing and maintenance as well as digital systems integration.
Your internship will incorporate 2 key elements:
- Working within a team of experienced software engineers, initially learning about our different services and processes through a mixture of shadowing and on the job experience.
- We will look to assign you to a specific project to develop in depth knowledge and create space and opportunity for the chosen candidate to input ideas and knowledge into the solution and the project.
A support network and initial training plan will be provided so both the candidate and Costain can achieve the most out of this experience.
- A logical problem solver
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Collaborative team worker
- Willingness to learn and try new things
- Willing to travel to different sites
- Degree in a software, technology or engineering sphere
- Hands on experience gained during industrial placements or degree projects
End of Internship Project:
During the internship we would like the graduate to produce a report and present on
“How can technology play a part in easing the pressure on the transport network in South East Wales”Apply Now