Graduate Quality Engineer (Mechanical)
- Job Number: C1036
- Employer: Panasonic
- Internship: 6 Months
- Salary: £24,326
- 39 hours per week (flexi time)
Applications close – Sunday 24th November at midnight.
The Graduate Quality Engineer role will operate within a team in the Quality Department and will be expected to analyse and problem-solve market quality and customer issues with the products that PMUK produce, assisting other members of the team and leading some investigations. They will be expected to follow processes and procedures and use various methodologies in order to determine the root cause of issues and offer suggestions and countermeasures to resolve these. This position will require technical and evaluation skills in the mechanical elements of the products and work together with other members of the team and offer development towards a Quality Engineer role in the future.
Analyse and problem solve customer complaints and issues: Use available information and tools including measurement tools and techniques, CAD models, samples and analytical approaches to propose viable countermeasures. Evaluate the proposals and write structured reports to conclude the findings of the investigations and recommendations. (60%)
New model development quality assurance: Participate in quality assurance activities as part of new model development. Use mechanical expertise to consider potential quality issues with the CAD design and stage samples throughout project duration. Attend the appropriate meetings and fill out applicable documents and reports. (10%)
Development Evaluation: Carry out measurement, testing and evaluation of products at pre-production stage of new model developments. Complete the appropriate reports in line with the evaluation. (15%)
Planning and prioritising: Plan and prioritise tasks and projects based on information from other team members relating to risk, severity and number of complaints from customers. Adhere to the deadlines agreed. (5%)
Quality Department meetings: Provide information for weekly project and team meetings, providing updates on any new or ongoing issues, including appropriate responses and actions being taken. (5%)
PMUK meetings: Provide necessary information for development and quality meetings and attend and contribute to these where required. (2.5%)
Process Improvements: Consider new technology and methodologies to improve and implement quality systems / processes to aid efficiency and accuracy (2.5%)
Knowledge Skills and Ability
Degree level qualification in a Mechanical Engineering or Quality based discipline
- Problem solving skills with the ability to efficiently resolve technical issues
- Knowledge of 3D CAD, preferably CATIA V5 and ENOVIA
- Knowledge of various quality system methodologies e.g. Lean, 5 Why’s, Six Sigma, etc.
- Product and component evaluation skills
- Understanding of manufacturing processes (injection moulding / metal pressing)
- Understanding of engineering design and design for manufacture
- Knowledge of project management processes
- Knowledge of HAD R&D processes and documentation (Desirable)
- Knowledge of PMUK (Desirable)
Must have a valid driver’s license and the ability to travel abroad.
- Resolve customer issues by investigating root cause and providing viable countermeasures are proposed within the timeline specified
- Participate in design reviews during development cycle and carry out evaluation when required to assure product quality
- Work as part of a team to reduce the quality payments made by PMUK by customer complaints and issues
- Increase in personal skill level and knowledge.