Graduate Project Manager
Job Number: C1049
Internship: 6 Months
Salary: £20,000 – £22,000
Working Hours: 37 hours per week
Applications close: Wednesday 12th February at midnight.
Gleeds are a well-established independent Global professional consultancy business with over 130 years’ experience of operating within the construction and property sectors. The Cardiff office employs 35 people, which is split approximately 50/50 between Project Management and Cost Management (Quantity Surveying).
Some of our key achievements locally include the delivery of the Award Winning Noah’s Ark Childrens Hospital in Cardiff, Hotel Indigo Cardiff, Cardiff University Innovation Campus, Bayscape Residential Development, HMS Cambria Training Facility and ongoing Redevelopment of the Howells Building.
Accordingly, we are looking for a bright, enthusiastic and committed graduate who can immediately slot into our thriving office and work on a number of projects supporting one of the Senior Project Managers and/or Associate Directors.
Role – Assisting Project / Programme Managers in the delivery of projects and programmes
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assisting Facilities Managers in:
- Delivering high quality services and ensuring that facilities management deliverables meet Customers’ requirements.
- Delivering high quality services high quality services and deliverables in accordance with the business procedures.
- Administrating contracts as Contract Administrator, Employer’s Agent or Project Manager.
- Producing and presenting reports to Customers.
- Preparing bids for services.
- Ensuring that all quantitative and financial information has been independently checked before issue, including maintaining evidence of independent checks.
- Remaining in the remit of your role.
- Additional responsibilities include:
- Attaining qualified / certified status of a relevant professional body.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
Develop knowledge and experience in the following:
- Project stages.
- Project management tools and techniques.
- Procurement strategies, including tendering and contract strategies.
- Project programme development and management.
- Construction technology and construction methodologies.
- Contract administration and management.
- Clear and effective communication skills – both oral and written.
- Good organisational skills and the ability to quickly adapt to changes.
- Sound problem solving, negotiating, financial management and numeracy skills.
- Competent ICT skills, with a high level of proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Ability to work as part of a team.
• BSc Degree or equivalent.
• People Focused – Motivated to create and maintain positive relationships
• Creative – We solve problems and introduce new ideas
• Performance -led – Driven to exceed client expectations
• Collaborative – We foster a progressive and inclusive work ethic
• Accountable – we act with integrity and take responsibility.