Graduate International Trade Executive
- Job Number: C1037
- Employer: South Wales Chamber of Commerce
- Internship: 6 Months
- Salary: £18,000
- 38 hours per week
Applications close – Sunday 24th November at midnight.
This job, for one of the World’s best-known business organisations, isn’t a job, it’s a passion. The South Wales Chamber of Commerce exists solely to help Welsh businesses to grow, give them a strong voice with decision makers, and to drive trade. Could you be that person help grow and drive trade for Wales?
We are looking for an enthusiastic person to be part of our International Services team. You must have an eye for detail, meticulous administration skills and have a problem-solving mind set because you will be handling customs documentation on behalf of Welsh businesses.
With the ability to maintain the high standards that our customers expect, you must enjoy working with processes, procedures and finding solutions. You must be customer focussed and able to handle a range of international trade enquiries. We will provide you with full training and you will become qualified to British Chamber standards in a range of International Documentation handling.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Role Headlines
- Provide a high-quality service in processing customs documentation
- To be trained to the industry exemplar standards of the British Chambers of Commerce (we will train you to reach these standards)
- Offer the full range of international services we offer to generate revenue
- Deliver customer focussed services, resources, clinics and handle daily enquiries
With a great working environment, you’ll quickly find out that no two days are the same. You will have the opportunity to work with some of the most exciting companies in Wales. You will have a laser focus for detail that will really make a difference to ensuring Welsh goods move overseas.
Will suit all degree graduates but:
- You must be prepared to undertake Accredited British Chambers of Commerce training in Customs Handling Procedures
- You must have impeccable eye for administrative detail, to handle and process customs documentation meticulously and follow detailed procedures
- Problem solving
- Customer focussed
- Friendly with sense of humour
- Desire to learn and work hard
- An eye for detail
Skills and Abilities
- The ability to listen to our customers and find solutions to meet their needs
- A good communicator to help our customers find solutions
- Media savvy, able to promote our services via social media
- Versatility and be someone who thrives on multi-tasking, able to spot an opportunity and handle multiple simultaneous queries
- Entrepreneurial mind set to create revenue opportunities
- Financially astute and able to deliver against revenue targets
- Administratively you’ll ensure the CRM is up to date as well as keeping on top of emails and daily queries, and ensuring our customers are invoiced correctly
- Ability to work as part of a friendly, office-based team
- Driving license and own transport
- Microsoft Office skills
- Social media (e.g. LinkedIn/ Twitter)
- Welsh speaker
- Knowledge of the business environment in Wales
- Knowledge of Chambers of Commerce