- Front Office Assistant
- Employer: Llechwen Hall Hotel
- Hours: Full Time
- Salary £21,000 – £23,000 (depending on experience)
- Employment status: Permanent
Deadline 19 August but may close early if application numbers are high.
Position Reports To the Front Office Manager
Summary of Job Purpose
To welcome guests to our hotel, make room reservations, and attend to guests’ needs or questions. The ideal candidate will be committed to ensuring that guests experience maximum satisfaction, presenting an excellent image of our hotel that leaves a lasting impression.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Greet hotel guests; answer any questions or concerns
- Provide an outstanding guest experience
- Maintain an orderly front desk
- Operate computer programs and multi-line phone systems
- Maintain guest records and book reservations
- Complete basic cashier and bookkeeping responsibilities
- Contact necessary staff to solve problems when challenges arise, ensuring guest comfort
- Register & process guests and their assigned rooms.
- Communicating with hotel staff on the status of guest rooms.
- Promote hotel services.
Key Requirements for the Role
- Degree level or higher in relevant subject
- Excellent organisational skills.
- The ability to work on more than one task at a time.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to manage difficult or emotional customers, respond quickly to their needs and meet commitments.
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to deal with the unexpected.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent administration skills, working to a high level of detail, spelling and grammar.
- Computer skills including word, excel, outlook and Hotel computer systems.
- The ability to work as part of a team and also on your own initiative.
- Enthusiasm, motivation and an outgoing, approachable personality.
- A confident and determined manner.
- Ability to follow instruction, respond to direction and take responsibility for own actions.
- Flexible with working hours.
- Be smartly presented at all times and have the ability to act with professionalism at all times.
This Job Description is intended as a guide to the main responsibilities of the post and not as an exhaustive list of duties and tasks. The post holder may be required to undertake other duties appropriate to his/her role, which are not listed above, at the direction of his/her Manager. The job description may be amended from time to time after consultation with the post holder.