- Digital Designer
- Employer Monmouthshire County Council
- Location Home working / Usk
- hours 37
- Salary £19,312 – £20,493
- Full Time 2 years contract
Deadline 12th August but may close early if application numbers are high.
Line managed by Head of Digital Design & Innovation
Monmouthshire want to use the best of modern digital, technology and data to transform our services to residents, visitors, businesses, and staff. As part of the digital design and innovation team you will have hands-on engagement with service areas using user centred design, agile working methods and internet-era tools and techniques to ensure we have user-led digital solutions.
This isn’t a technical post, it’s a business efficiency and change post, though you will need to have a sound knowledge of the interdependencies between line of business systems architecture as well as how digital infrastructure works. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a team to deliver projects that will automate business processes, help the workforce to use digital tools and make the best use of the emerging technologies and applications in the market.
We are looking for someone who brings reliability, commitment, curiosity and enthusiasm to the role alongside technical skills and knowledge. You will play a critical role in supporting the Digital Design and Innovation team so that they can deliver on their action plans.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with members of multidisciplinary teams, specify and design end-to-end digital services for new and existing Services, help to define user needs, business objectives, scope, constraints, evaluation and prioritisation of user stories and identification and mitigation of design challenges.
- Work with service areas to determine service opportunities, and specify effective business solutions, including improvements in information systems, data management, practices, organisation and equipment.
- Work with service areas to map their business flows, inspiring their ambition and helping them to streamline process as well as understand their interconnection with the rest of the council.
- Manage the co-ordination of project tasks and actions to ensure the team delivers on its action plans.
- Deflect distractions and remove blockages to enable project delivery.
- Ensure conformance to Project Management standards, agile delivery principles and methodology to ensure we adhere to governance arrangements.
- Ensure all work is carried out to the highest standard with documentation completed in a timely manner.
- Develop business cases, system specifications, procurement and tendering processes.
- Degree level or higher
- Knowledge of the capabilities of Microsoft solutions e.g. Teams, SharePoint, Active Directory and Business Intelligence
- Are a strong communicator and can confidently liaise with people at all levels including our technology providers, businesses and the community.
- Are able to facilitate and manage change in the workplace.
- Can work with end-users and customers to understand, capture and refine their digital requirements.
- Are able to interview users and groups, and lead workshops with internal staff.
- Are able to work in a fast-paced, evolving environment and use an iterative method and flexible approach to enable rapid delivery.
- Are able to facilitate user consultation and advise on development of the system functionality to respond to user and customers.
- Are confident working with traditional project management tools as well as agile project management methodologies where applicable.
- Can upskill and mentor colleagues in the digital solutions they can use and the improvement they can make to systems and processes as well as being willing to learn from colleagues experiences.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good team player who is flexible and happy to assist colleagues
- Ability to speak Welsh (not essential)
- Understands the importance of systems administration and contract management.
- Knows how to effectively manage information and its storage and retrieval, turning it into useful data insights to inform decision and policy making.