- Design Engineer
- Employer Talis
- Location Bridgend
- hours 38 hours – Monday – Thursday 8.30-5pm and Friday 8.30 – 3pm, with half hour lunch break
- Salary £20,,000
- Full Time
Reporting to Head of Design
Looking to appoint someone ASAP
Who we are
TALIS is a leading global provider of premium valves, hydrants and other solutions for water flow control. At TALIS, we strive to make the world a better place by improving people’s living conditions through the development, installation and maintenance of efficient water flow control solutions. TALIS-UK is the market leader in the design, manufacture & supply of Water Meter boxes and Service Fittings to the UK Water Industry. Supported by our premium valve offering and the global supply of service fittings & house connection products, TALIS-UK offers a comprehensive range of products and solutions connecting people to clean water.
Design, develop and implement new products / projects to agreed timescales, quality and budget. Support the business daily with model, drawing and BoM updates through control of engineering changes.
Main responsibilities/job accountabilities
To lead or be part of a team to design, develop and implement new products to market, or support enhancements or changes to current products
Key Performance Indicators
- Delivery of projects to agreed timescales, quality and budget
- Meet expectations with requests for information or support (internal & external)
- Completion of engineering changes to agreed dates
Important working relationships
- Process engineering
- Quality engineering / Assurance
- Production Planning
Degree qualified in Mechanical engineering or equivalent
Industrial experience within a design-engineering role • Proven record of accomplishment of new product development and introduction
SPECIAL APTITUDES AND KNOWLEDGE (SOFTWARE, WRITTEN SKILLS, MANUAL DEXTERITY ETC).
- Be active in terms of working around the site on new products or supporting current production issues
SYSTEMS KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Microsoft Office
- 2D & 3D CAD systems
- Development process
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES (TECHNICAL, INTERPERSONAL, LANGUAGES ETC.
- Work alone or part of a project team
- Able to perform Engineering calculations
- Good understanding and application of engineering principles
- Proactive approach to all tasks
The ability to demonstrate and drive our company core values:
- Will to win
- Results orientate
SPECIAL APTITUDES AND KNOWLEDGE (SOFTWARE, WRITTEN SKILLS, MANUAL DEXTERITY ETC.
- Ability to write technical reports.
- AutoCAD Inventor
Preparation and amendment of costed BoMs
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES (TECHNICAL, INTERPERSONAL, LANGUAGES ETC
Practically minded to manufacture prototypes and support production
Enthusiasm for design engineering
• Injection moulded part design