- Business Development Executive
- Employer Dudley’s Aluminium
- Location Cardiff
- Hours – 37.5 hours
- Salary £21,000
- Full Time
Applications close: 10th August but may close early if number of applications received are high.
Dudley’s Aluminium was formed in 1993. We are now a leading provider of Aluminium window, curtain walling and façade solutions. From our office and factory in Cardiff we offer full in-house design and production facilities and have completed many successful & prestigious Education, Health, Commercial, Retail and Defence Sector projects throughout the UK and Channel Islands.
Working closely with architects and contractors, the overall service includes project analysis, structural assessments, design proposals, provision of samples and extended warranties to ensure the façade meets the required aesthetic, cost, programme and performance requirements.
Our quality product range includes curtain-walling, windows, shop-fronts, automatic and revolving doors, fire-resistant glazing, louvres and brise soleil with specialist knowledge being applied to the critical interfaces between the various façade elements.
We remain a family owed business and the successful applicant with join a stable, experienced and valued team.
Assisting Sales Director with managing project leads and liaising with clients/advisors.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Assisting Sales Director in:
Liaising with Main Contractors/Quantity Surveyors to ascertain project statuses relevant to quotations submitted
Following up sales leads in connection with future tendering opportunities
Maintaining client databases
Maintaining/updating client H&S documentation/questionnaires
Assisting estimating department with budget quotations
Remaining in the remit of your role.
Additional responsibilities include:
Attending training with our system providers to gain both product and technical knowledge of aluminium systems used.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
Develop knowledge and experience in the following:
- Identify project opportunities.
- Procurement strategies, including tendering and contract strategies.
- Securing order and agreeing contractual terms
- Administration and management of pre-tender qualification criteria
Clear and effective communication skills – both oral and written.
- Good organisational skills and the ability to quickly adapt to changes.
- Sound problem solving, negotiating, financial management and numeracy skills.
- Competent ICT skills, with a high level of proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Ability to work as part of a team.
Qualifications: • Educated to a degree level
People Focused – Motivated to create and maintain positive relationships