- Accounts Assistant
- Employer: Llechwen Hall Hotel
- Hours: 25
- Salary £21,000 – £23,000
- Employment status: Permanent
Deadline 19 August but may close early if application numbers are high.
Position Reports To the Financial Accountant
Summary of Job Purpose
The main responsibility of the Accounts Assistant is to support the Finance Manager with business accounting activities. This includes raising, sending and paying invoices, reconciling company accounts and chasing late payments.
You will assist with basic administration tasks and should be on hand to answer any queries raised by staff or external clients or providers. You will be expected to help document and maintain the business’ finance procedures, updating and implementing them wherever necessary.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Invoice processing
- Processing expense requests
- Credit control
- Cash book maintenance
- Maintaining the company purchase and sales ledgers
- Banks reconciliation
- Raising sales invoices
- Liaising with third party providers, clients and suppliers
- Basic administration
- Updating and maintaining procedural documentation
Key Requirements for the Role
- Degree level or higher in relevant subject
- Excellent organisational skills.
- The ability to work on more than one task at a time.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to manage difficult or emotional customers, respond quickly to their needs and meet commitments.
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to deal with the unexpected.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent administration skills, working to a high level of detail, spelling and grammar.
- Computer skills including word, excel, outlook and Hotel computer systems.
- The ability to work as part of a team and also on your own initiative.
- Enthusiasm, motivation and an outgoing, approachable personality.
- A confident and determined manner.
- Ability to follow instruction, respond to direction and take responsibility for own actions.
- Flexible with working hours
- Be smartly presented at all times and have the ability to act with professionalism at all times
This Job Description is intended as a guide to the main responsibilities of the post and not as an exhaustive list of duties and tasks. The post holder may be required to undertake other duties appropriate to his/her role, which are not listed above, at the direction of his/her Manager. The job description may be amended from time to time after consultation with the post holder.