Job Number: C1013
- Employer – Odyssey
- Internship – Minimum 6 months
- Hours – 37 hours
- Start date – ASAP
- Salary – £16,000
Applications close – Monday 26th August 2019 at midnight.
Early applications are encouraged. The Cardiff Capital Region Graduate Scheme reserves the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.
Odyssey is a digital design company, with the purpose to help other businesses grow their online presence through website and digital solutions. Odyssey is a small team with big ambitions. Currently a team of 4 looking for our 5th to add another dimension to the company.
We are seeking a WordPress Developer responsible for both back-end and front-end development, including creating WordPress pages.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Designing and implementing new features and functionality
- Establishing and guiding the website’s architecture
- Ensuring high-performance and availability, and managing all technical aspects of the CMS
- Helping formulate an effective, responsive design and turning it into a working theme and plugin.
- Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications
- Experience designing and developing adaptive and responsive design websites
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Chrome inspector GTMatrix, etc.
- Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working web pages
- Ability to work well within a small but ambitious and dynamic team
- A curiosity and passion for the software development and interest in industry trends
- An understanding of the entire web development process, including design, development, and deployment is preferred.