Name: Kieran Meaton
Current Position and Company: Graduate Engineer at Zimmer Biomet
What attracted you to the CCR graduate scheme?
I wanted to find an opportunity to use the skills and knowledge that I had learnt through my four years in university. I think university is great for giving you the foundations to development yourself, but I think the best way to learn will be in the real world of work.
What are you hoping to achieve during your time on the scheme?
– Improve my knowledge of the manufacturing sector.
– Gain skills in project management.
– Improve my knowledge of process engineering and lean manufacturing.
– Build a good relationship with my colleagues and set myself up for a reliable and hardworking reputation.
Is there anything you would say to others thinking of applying for the scheme?
– Research the company as much as possible.
– Only apply if you’re genuinely interested in the role.
– Spend time on any application presentations that you are requested to deliver.
– Be honest about what you want to achieve and get involved with within the company.